I was having a really tough day at work and then I saw a notification on my phone. It was from Nekaaar and she had nominated me for the Liebster award. It made me smile and I was ready to hit my 9 to 5 again. Thanks for brightening my day and for thinking of me! I am humbled by your nomination.
As part of accepting the nomination I must provide 11 random facts about myself and answer 11 questions about myself provided to me by the person who nominated me. Here goes …
11 random facts about me
- Die Hard is my favourite movie of all time. I love a good action movie!
- I’m a short 5 foot 2 inches. When I was in college that was average height. Now it’s short.
- I’m very close to my mum. I love her, I adore her and I admire her. She’s a strong independant woman who followed her dreams. She’s an amazing role model.
- My favorite colour is purple – any shade. That explains my main blog color 🙂
- I love Thai food. I coud eat it every day.
- I also love chocolate. I could eat that daily too!
- I loved my wedding day and remember every single second.
- I love working out with weights. I won’t lie – I love that I can go heavier than what people expect when they look at me.
- I was born in the UK and moved to Canada seven years ago. I will always be British at heart (and plan to hold onto my accent forever!).
- I’m a huge Formula 1 fan. Ferrari all the way!
- I was a back-up singer on one of my mum’s albums. That was quite an experience!
Nekaaar’s question: Share eleven things in/about your life that you are absolutely grateful for
I’m of course grateful for family and friends that have stood through me through all my ups and downs. I’m also grateful for opportunity. I live in a country that provides me with all the opportunity that I could ever want to be as successful as I want to be. I’m grateful that I have a wonderful husband. I want my list of 11 to be about the things that I rarely think about. Things that I generally take for granted.
- The internet. I’ve met many wonderful people through my blog and I’ve learned so many things online. I have access to experts that I would not have access to if it wasn’t for the internet. I have found support in strangers. When I suffered from a Pulmonary Embolism I was scared and didn’t know anyone who truly knew what I was going through, and what I still go through every single day. I found friends online who know exactly what I’m going through.
- Fingers. Fingers are awesome! Have you ever thought about everything they do? You eat with them, you write with them, you type with them, you hold things with them, you scratch with them, you can speak with them.
- Cameras. They capture moments in time. I love photos. I love looking back. I love framing the photos of those that have passed, and it shining a light on all the wonderful moments we spent together.
- Well written TV shows. Sometimes I just want to escape into another world. A well written show keeps me focused and takes my mind of any worries that might be running around.
- Public transport. We may all complain now and then, but it is how I get to work. Could it be better? Yes. Would life for me be much harder without it? Yes.
- Inventors. There have been some awesome inventions in my lifetime.
- The fridge. Talking of inventions this is one I love. It means I don’t need to go to the grocery store every day or every other day. It’s a big time saver!
- Hair dye. I started turning grey in my late twenties (at the front on the sides). I have dark brown hair (almost black) so it really stands out. Hair dye makes me feel and look years younger. Maybe one day I will be able (and will want to) carry off my grey hair, but I’m not ready for that yet!
- Dishwasher. It took us 5 years to get a dishwasher. 5 years too long!
- Hair ties. I have long hair and I go to the gym regularly. I can’t imagine working out with my hair flying around and falling onto my face. I would literally pull my hair out.
- Emotions. I’m so grateful that I’m able to feel. I love that feeling of joy when you just want to jump up and down. I love the feeling of butterflies when my husband kisses me. Feeling sad is not so great. I have felt sad to the point my heart physically hurts. Those sad moments really help me appreciate the happy ones!
Rules of nomination
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which was provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 –11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of eleven questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
In no particular order. Acceptance is voluntary 🙂
My eleven questions for you to answer, if you choose to accept your nomination!
- What makes you smile?
- If you could travel back in time, what year would you travel to and why?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- Ocean or space?
- What is your favorite post that you have written? Provide a link!
- Describe yourself in three words.
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
- What is the one thing you do every day, without fail?
- Name a goal that you have not yet met, but are working to achieve.
- What is your favorite season, and why?
I can’t wait to read your answers!